Pages

Friday, January 11, 2013

One Rotten Apple

I saw a rather nasty thing the other day. If I had been a Lady of the house I would've had to look away. Lucky for me, I'm just a footman so my stomach could handle it. In order to protect the identities of the good Lord and Lady and their household, I'll just say it concerns the House of D-----. A maid with a certain Napoleonic air about her conducted herself in a matter most unfit for someone of her position. From what I heard and saw, the girl was defiant of her mistress so much so that she refused to get in the carriage with the good Lady! Instead she took to walking around in the mud with not a thing on her feet like a common street urchin. It was just shameful. Just know we ain't all like that. Most of us in service is dignified and real refined!

No comments:

Post a Comment